See Class 31 430 Sister Dora this October at Spa Valley Railway Autumn Diesel Gala 2018
Spa Valley Railway will be holding their 8th annual CAMRA beer and cider festival this October. The event, which coincides with their annual autumn diesel gala, takes place on the weekend of Friday 19th to Sunday 21st and features Class 31 430 visiting.
5 diesel locomotives will be in operation, including British Rail Class 31 430 ‘Sister Dora’.
The 1960s-built locomotives that are planned to be in operation over the weekend, which consist of:
• Class 25 D7612
• Class 31 31430 ‘Sister Dora’
• Class 33 33063 ‘R.J.Mitchell’
• Class 33/2 33201
• Class 73/0 73140
There will be various events and stands in place at stations along the railway, which include:
- BBQ and Thai Food stands, and Real Ale and Beers at Tunbridge Wells West station terminus.
- Great photographic opportunities at High Rooks station.
- Thai food stand and ale/cider available at Groombridge station.
- Ale and cider available at Eridge station. Locomotives also run around at Eridge, and a locomotive is usually sat in the platform between services.
Full timetable will be published on the Spa Valley Railway website closer to the time.
How to get there:
Eridge railway station is served by both Spa Valley Railway services and Southern Railway services from Uckfield and London Bridge, so you can get the train.
Car parking is available at Eridge, whilst a 3 hour maximum stay is also available at Sainsburys in Tunbridge Wells West.
Route 29 buses from Brighton and Uckfield stop at both Eridge and Tunbridge Wells West (Sainsburys) (check bus times at buses.co.uk).